I started reading a lot again.
Thanks to Ashley, who is suddenly encouraging me to do more reading.
And more watching.
And basically turning me into an absolute, full-time fangirl.
I'm not complaining, just saying.
Reading is a fun activity, you know.
You can be anyone else.
You can know what others think.
You can know how people deal with many things.
You can go to adventure.
You can visit places.
You can feel many emotions.
Without leaving your place, wherever you are.
I started reading very early.
My dad was a big reader himself.
I used to hear stories how he sneaked comics to his room when he's supposed to study.
I guess he didn't want me to feel the same, so he let me read whenever I want.
He taught me to read.
I remember very clearly how I sat on his lap as he taught me to read subtitles on tv that night.
I know, what a beautiful moment to remember.
I also remember that he used to take me buying books, comics, magazines.
And how I spent some of my weekends reading books on my beach chair... not in a beach.
My parents also gave me money to rent books.
They were okay with it.
I was the happiest kid.
Then I moved to Bogor, where, my aunt and uncles, even though they're very good parents, they didn't see reading the same way as my dad did.
I couldn't read as much as I didn't.
I couldn't use my money to rent nor buy books.
But I kept reading anyway.
They subscribe to Bobo magazine, so I still got that.
And I bought second hand books and comics, but I couldn't get to keep them.
Because they'll be upset.
So I threw them away after I read them.
I remember how sad it was.
So after I got a job and my own money, I never stop buying books.
I bought every books that I wanted to buy.
Even though it's not cheap, or I need to wait a month because they're shipped from overseas.
It's worth it.
Reading is not only a hobby.
It's my dad's legacy.
I don't know nor understand how hard is it to make your kid loves reading.
But he did.
He made me love reading.
16 years after he's gone, I'm still reading.
And when I'm reading, I feel like back to one of those nights.
When I was on his lap, listening to him reading.
Or when I was on my beach chair.
When I'm reading, I feel him around.
Reading with me.
CONVERSATION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
What's This?
If you expect to find useful articles here, please skip this blog.
This is Chita's personal blog in which she writes anything she wants, most of times in her imperfect English and sometimes in her supposed-to-be-good Indonesian.
And,
Please don't take personally anything I wrote here :)
It's Me!
Currently reading
Search This Blog
Labels
Life
Chita
Things I Love
Favorite
Thoughts
Challenge
Sucks
Love
Fams
Doctor Who
TV
Bands
Random
Quotes
Song
2012
Pictures
Kaiwa
HOL
2013
Friends
Anime
Birthdays
College
Annuals
Future
Quidditch
SQL
2014
2015
2016
Father
Instagram
Poetry
TWA
YouTube
YouTube Videos
2017
2020
GQT
Movies
RQT
Ravenclaw
Videos
2010
2011
2019
Briefcase
Concert
Dad
Disney
FCVR
Fine Days
Foods
Gryffindor
Live
Lyrics
Music
2018
2023
Fangirl
General
Singer
2009
2021
Farewell
Gie
Health
Holidays
Jazz
Morning
Mother
Music Videos
Neverland
Reading
SwaggerJagger
Wishes
blabbering
poems





0 comments:
Post a Comment