WHO YOU ARE IF YOU CAN'T FAIL?

As humans, we are so scared of failures.
We often think failures are scars we forever bear.
Or that it means we can't accomplish something, other than treat it as obstacle before succeed.

My self?
I'm one hell coward person.
I often said, "Life is too short to make mistakes".
I still believe that it's true.
Hence, I think everything very thoroughly and you won't find me doing something without thinking.
Even though it's as simple as choosing dinner.

Then yesterday, I came across this post by my fave singer, Adhitia Sofyan.
I'm a fan of him since NuBuzz 2008. Until now.
And I've been listening to his latest album, Silver Painted Radiance quite a lot lately.

This part though:

"About “Find Who You Are” minute 0:00
This song is about self-encouragement. You want to become something that you’ve been dreaming of, but there’s lots of baggage holding you back; fear, not knowing, self-doubt, dark past, etc. But these baggage can’t drag you back no matter what, because even though you are afraid or unsure, you know who you truly are. So the mantra in this song is the question “Who you are if you can’t fail?” – if you can’t fail, if failure does not exist in this world, who would you be, what would you want to achieve? now be that person."

That part slapped me right on my face.
Who you are if you can't fail?

Really.

If you will take action and it will succeed, you know it will, because failure doesn't exist, who would you be today? What else would you want to achieve?
Would you be a different person than who you are today?

Absolutely.

Maybe I would be abroad.
Either studying, working, or traveling.
Because hell, why wouldn't I be, if I can't fail?

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top