LIFE IS A CHOICE

Life is all about choosing. 

Sometimes the question is as simple as "Turn right or left?", but the false decision can make us stuck in a traffic for 10 minutes or longer. 

While in most questions in life there is no true or false decision, our answers still determine where, who, and how is ourselves in the future. 

Choosing to wake up early and go exercising every day, will make us have a fit body. 
Choosing to eat healthy meals over junk food, will lower our risk from getting ill. 
Choosing to not smoke, will let us have a healthier lungs until we are in old age. 

I'm trying to choose consciously every day too. 

When I'm bored and have an urge to grab my phone to scroll on social media or play games, I have a choice to pick up a book and read instead. 
Sometimes I choose the latter, but most of the time I still open my social media. Often for nothing because I just checked it 10 minutes ago. 

When I'm too lazy to cook, I have an urge to just order from online app. 
But when I think again, I already have things I need to eat for today and only take 30 minutes to prepare. Do I really want to choose lazy for today?

Because of the choices I made, I missed many things. 
I don't know many Instagram influencers or any new celebrities on trending. 
I can't discuss new TV series that my friends watched. 
I don't know many recommended restaurants in town. 

Most of the times, I feel like missing out. 
But it's choices I didn't take. 

From missing out many recommended restaurants, I got to save some money to pay my school and to buy stuffs I really like (e.g. books!). 
From missing out what's trending on social media, I got to read many books and probably knowing things my friends don't. 

Because it's life and I can't be greedy and have everything at once. 
I need to know what matters to me the most and choose it. 
Even though sometimes it means missing out the fun stuffs. 

But it's okay. 

As long as you choose carefully. 
As what you choose now can determine the future you. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top